iPod / iTunes won't let me re-order tracks!
Jun 24, 2010 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Punky

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So I've got an album ("American Slang" by The Gaslight Anthem) on MP3 and I've got a special iTunes only track for that album. The main album is tracks 1-10. The special iTunes-only track is supposed to be track 11. Even though the ID3 tags are all identical except for track name and track number, for some reason, the 11th track (the special iTunes one) is appearing first on the album, before track 1! I don't know why this is. I've checked for all the usual tag culprits - Album Artist, Year, track numbering, total track numbers, disc numbering, etc.).

I tried converting the M4A iTunes track to MP3 using LAME. No dice.

What the heck is going on here?

Jun 24, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #2 of 3
Not sure I understand correctly but when I used iTunes before I remember that if you selected a tab other than track to sort by you could not move your tracks around.  Make sure you have the first tab selected on the list.  I hate Apple....

Jun 25, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #3 of 3
The selected tab isn't the issue. When I click the album tag, iTunes will show you what order the album will play in, regardless of what order you mark the tracks as. And for some reason, the 11th track comes first. It's weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back