Ipod issues...Help me head-fi!!!
Apr 29, 2007 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ChaseD13

500+ Head-Fier
well I've had a g5 ipod for a while, and something has always bothered me about it.

when navigating through its menus, i cannot view songs without album information filled in when i go -music-artist-all songs.

if i have say one album by led zeppelin, and then three other songs that do not have album info filled in, i cannot see the songs that dont have album info filled in. the only way i would be able to see these songs is by viewing the "all songs" tier which is doesn't do a good job at navigating through thousands of songs.

The problem only occurs when i have one album under an artist, along with several un marked songs.

the ipod automatically shows me that one album when i click on that artist, instead of showing me a choice to A) view that album or B) view all songs

i hope i described this well enough, others have had to of had the same problem!

Apr 29, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 7
Thats not an issue - its just how Apple have made the iPod function, annoying as it is. Just fill in the missing album tags, even with unknown, and the problem goes away.

Apr 29, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 7
When I have multiple tracks from different albums, I just label the album title as 'various' that was they still show up.

I actually like the feature because it enables me to make certain things disappear. If I dont want random genres clogging up the screen when I browse genre, I leave certain tracks blank and they dont show up.

Apr 30, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 7
grrr i was hoping there was something i could do.

i have many full albums, but if i dont have the album, i like to leave it blank. o well, ill just have to deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back