iPod: Is there a newer version coming out?
Feb 21, 2003 at 7:47 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by e-r0ck
the forced song structure kills it for me. (i spent a long long LONG time organizing my albums the way i have em).

????
I have an iPod and using Ephpod it's the easiest thing in the world to load music on. It uses ID3 tags or else it indexes it based off the filename.

Feb 21, 2003 at 3:38 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by ssblood
heh, reripping everything to get the names right is a pain...

get an id3 tagger!

i've been using this one lately and i'm really liking it: http://www.mstagger.prv.pl/

once you get down how the ipod reads the files, it's really easy to setup. i just figured out that xplay will arrange the files in any way you want too, just right click and do arrange icons. i generally choose "track" because i only upload whole albums to my ipod. the new ipods sound fun, but i agree that i bet a 40gb model will be at least $500, if not $600 or more. so until i win the lottery, i'm content with my 20gb.
smily_headphones1.gif

this is probably one of my best headphone-related items. add some ety 4s's and i swear it's the best portable setup out. incredible sound (though of course it gets better with an amp) and *extremely* portable. i just stick the ipod and little ety pouch in my pocket and i'm off. right now i'm sitting in my office listening to marilyn manson and not listening to anybody else talk.. it's awesome.
biggrin.gif

[size=xx-small]prick your finger, it is done
the moon has now eclipsed the sun
the angel has spread its wings
the time has come for bitter things..
[/size]

Feb 21, 2003 at 8:27 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Oliver
smily_headphones1.gif

Uhm, ever tried playlitsts?
confused.gif

yeah, i have one for each album

Quote:

Originally posted by austonia
????
I have an iPod and using Ephpod it's the easiest thing in the world to load music on. It uses ID3 tags or else it indexes it based off the filename.

i dont organize mine by the Artist -> album -> song. i do mine by genre -> (sometimes record label) ->artist -> album

If i dont like a full album i just put the singles in the artists folder... plus a lot of my files dont have titles.

which is whyyyy... i have my own structure for organizing albums... didn't mean to offend anyone
wink.gif
. while were on the subject, i dont like using proprietary software to transfer music... whether its by the company or third party. unfortuanately that rules out about 2/3 of mp3 players.

Feb 22, 2003 at 4:53 PM Post #20 of 22
There is no word on anything. Apple keeps things under wraps very well. Very rarely is anyone actually sure of what Apple will release until Apple announces it.

Everything in this thread is rumor, only. Chances are that the next iPods will be what has been said, here. But no one has any idea, it is all speculation.

As for being Mac only, I don't have a definitive answer. However, based on the huge success of the iPod since they released the Windows versions in July, 2002, I highly doubt Apple would go back to Mac only.

Feb 22, 2003 at 5:37 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by shaun3000
There is no word on anything. Apple keeps things under wraps very well. Very rarely is anyone actually sure of what Apple will release until Apple announces it.

Everything in this thread is rumor, only. Chances are that the next iPods will be what has been said, here. But no one has any idea, it is all speculation.

Oh sweet anticipation
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back