iPod: Is there a newer version coming out?
Feb 19, 2003 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

vwap

Padawan.
I'm just wondering if anyone has heard much about a new version of the iPod coming out, and when it's due to be released?I remember reading somewhere [perhaps here, even] that there was a new iPod due to be released, but I can't find that thread..

Something about 40 and 60GB editions, and... that's all I can really remember...

... so anyone have any ideas?

Feb 19, 2003 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 22
Feb 19, 2003 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 22
yes. the curent 5, 10, and 20gb lineup will be swapped to a higher capacity lineup. the 5gb 1.8" drives are no longer in production. the 10g drives are being phased out. battery life / management will be improved. should be within 2 months.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2003 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by ssblood
So... will I be able to get the 20gig for 299 anytime soon?

Very very unlikely. Maybe the 10gig for that price though.

With the 5gigs out of stock (and presumably no longer being produced by apple), speculation is that the 10&20gig will drop in price, and a 40 gig will be introduced.

Feb 20, 2003 at 10:34 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by KennyX
nd presumably no longer being produced by apple), speculation is that the 10&20gig will drop in price, and a 40 gig will be introduced.

*sigh* iTunes currently lists 41,6GB (anything excessive about 1,29GB of Tori Amos?), and there still is a little stack of CDDA-tagless CDs on my desk where I was yet too lazy to enter the tags manually... at least I could carry everything I really want on 40GB though.

From the rumors I see the iPod will be the next thing on Apple's to-be-updated list, my bet is placed on early in march.

Feb 21, 2003 at 2:04 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by KennyX
Very very unlikely. Maybe the 10gig for that price though.

With the 5gigs out of stock (and presumably no longer being produced by apple), speculation is that the 10&20gig will drop in price, and a 40 gig will be introduced.

I would think the 20gb versions will be available for around $299, especially used. If Apple is due to be releasing 40 gig versions, they can only price them so high, and I'm guessing $499, or what the 20gb is currently at, will be the ceiling. I doubt many people would be willing to pay much more than that for a portable. [Could be wrong, though...]

This would drop the 20's to about $399, ~$350 new on eBay, and about $300 used on eBay.

This is pure speculation, however...

Feb 21, 2003 at 2:32 AM Post #10 of 22
kickass a 40 gig iPod... i was wondering what i was gonna do with this extra 700 dollars just lying around. the iPod's proce is ridiculous. it's a good unit, but the price and the forced song structure kills it for me. (i spent a long long LONG time organizing my albums the way i have em). The iPod isn't for me, but im not knockin people who like it.
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2003 at 3:10 AM Post #13 of 22
heh, i wonder where the closest compuse is to me, never getting near best buy again and circuit city don't sell iPods yet. great, i have to drive 2 hours to greensboro to get my iPod... just great.

Feb 21, 2003 at 7:04 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by e-r0ck
the forced song structure kills it for me. (i spent a long long LONG time organizing my albums the way i have em).

Uhm, ever tried playlitsts?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back