iPod is the Best MP3 Player !
Jul 30, 2002 at 7:09 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Taphil
Actually, it doesn't support AAC, but rumors say it's coming. I haven't heard anything about Ogg, and doubt it'll ever come.

QuickTime 6 supports AAC, and the upcoming iPod firmware update will support it as well. I was told this by an Apple rep last week
smily_headphones1.gif

As for Ogg, I was told "we're looking into adding it"

Jul 31, 2002 at 4:55 AM Post #17 of 22
How is AAC compared to mp3 anyway, or was this answered in some other thread... they were comparing 128k AAC to lossless during the keynote (no difference heard by them and the audience in their setup I presume)...

Jul 31, 2002 at 5:12 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by chych
How is AAC compared to mp3 anyway, or was this answered in some other thread... they were comparing 128k AAC to lossless during the keynote (no difference heard by them and the audience in their setup I presume)...

You know, I've been hearing all these great things about AAC... but then today I saw a comparison between MP3, MP3 Pro, AAC, Ogg, and a couple others, and AAC didn't do too well
wink.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 5:31 AM Post #19 of 22
just wondering: does anyone use their ipod to store uncompressed wavs?
biggrin.gif

If the ipod ever got Monkey's Audio or shorten. . . now that would be nice.

Jul 31, 2002 at 6:11 AM Post #20 of 22
MacDef,

How do you encode AAC / MP4?

I don't think itunes 3.0 does it. Are they reupdating it again, or do I need to buy QT 6 Pro?

Seems like if the iPod plays aac, then itunes should encode it. If it doesn't, it's going to be a pain in the butt.

Jul 31, 2002 at 8:13 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by tvhead
How do you encode AAC / MP4?

I don't think itunes 3.0 does it. Are they reupdating it again, or do I need to buy QT 6 Pro?

As of right now, you have to use a freeware AAC encoder. But with QuickTime 6 iTunes can play it. My guess is that the next .01 revision of iTunes will have the encoder, but that's just a guess.

Quote:

MacDEF - Where's the comparison you read?

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've looked everywhere
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back