ipod/iphone line out & charger cable in one? (PLEASE MOVE TO PORTABLE SOURCE GEAR, i put it here on mistake)
Mar 15, 2013 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kaneman890

Head-Fier
I am going to make a DIY iphone dock for a friend,and i was wondering if there is a cable that can both charge an iphone and also provide a line out to go to a small amp.  I found this and i think it might work. http://www.cellphoneshop.net/aux.html . But i am trying to find one that is short, like 6-10 inches.

I am planning on making a dock out of concrete and have it charge an iphone and run the audio to one of those little lepai 20 watt amps.

any help/info would be awesome :)

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
The Fiio L11 dock can be used for this purpose, if you're curious.

that looks perfect, thanks, one last question, so for the dock im planing on setting the Fiio in some cement (with the usb charger and line out connected, and sealed with latex or something) so that all that is showing is the actual ipod connection, and ill run the wires out the back of the cement block into and amp and the charger.  Anyways how does that sound? I know that once i put everything in the cement it will be stuck there for good, but does anyone think that doing it that way could damage the Fiio or anything?  Im going for an industrial look with some cooper tubes to hold the phone up and in place, and i dont want any wires showing.

edit: i dont have any tools for working to much with cement as far as cutting and drilling, all i have is bike tools lol, that is why i just want to stick all the wires and junk into the cement while wet to hide everything and just have a USB plug sticking out the back of this "dock"

EDIT#2 : so sorry i thought i put this in the portable source gear section not the portable headphones section, if anyone could move this over for me that would be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back