iPod iPhone Hand Made LOD for $12
Jul 29, 2009 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Nigel79

100+ Head-Fier
Jul 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #2 of 11
How is it? I just got a 4th gen iPod, and I'm looking for a good, inexpensive LOD. Is it long enough to wrap around back to the top of the iPod? For that cheap, it looks like it's worth a shot.

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 11
I have not received it yet but i will let you know when i get it. I have ordered many non OEM cables and such from ebay cheep and only 50% of them work but they are a couple bucks shipped from hong kong so i dont expect much. But made in the USA i have a little more confidence
wink_face.gif
No offense to ppl from Hong Kong but thats my experience.

Jul 30, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaospanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
according to the picture it might not work on my ipod touch 2g or the iphone 3g

Its looks identical to my iPhone 3gs charging link cable and I emailed the guy and he said it works on all models. He makes them.

Jul 31, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #7 of 11
well I made mine and I had to put a resistor for it to work on my ipod touch 2g. I did not see a resistor in the picture so I thought it might not work. That is good that it works for all model.

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaospanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well I made mine and I had to put a resistor for it to work on my ipod touch 2g. I did not see a resistor in the picture so I thought it might not work. That is good that it works for all model.

I Just got it in the mail and hooked it up to My Iphone 3gs--fiio e5 to my ESW9"s and it sounds awesome. No hiss like with the headphone line out and its seems to be built very well out of good materials. Very well worth it.

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I Just got it in the mail and hooked it up to My Iphone 3gs--fiio e5 to my ESW9"s and it sounds awesome. No hiss like with the headphone line out and its seems to be built very well out of good materials. Very well worth it.

Good to know. I went ahead and bought a more expensive shorter one off ebay. The 12 inch cable length is just too long for my setup right now. I'm not saying it's bad in any way, just that it's too long for my current setup. Maybe he designed it to be more suitable for hooking it up to a car stereo since he sells car stereo equipment.

Aug 4, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to know. I went ahead and bought a more expensive shorter one off ebay. The 12 inch cable length is just too long for my setup right now. I'm not saying it's bad in any way, just that it's too long for my current setup. Maybe he designed it to be more suitable for hooking it up to a car stereo since he sells car stereo equipment.

Agreed, it is too long
frown.gif
I was just curious as to what it would sound like without the headphone jack without spending the money. It would be nice if it was shorter. I didnt realize it was that long untill I got it. I will get a shorter one someday. If you would mind posting the listing of the one you got I would like to see it.

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you would mind posting the listing of the one you got I would like to see it.

This one. It's definitely worth $30 (it costs more than what I paid for my iPod
biggrin.gif
), but I don't see much of a point in paying more for a similar LOD. The only improvements I could suggest for this LOD would be making it more low-profile and putting some sort of casing over the braided wires (or would that make it sound worse?). Even that's not a big deal, and I'm happy with it. It's much better than the headphone out, and I think it sounds slightly better than my Zune.

Maybe someone could suggest to the $13 LOD seller to make some that are much shorter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back