iPod internal DAC bypass?
Jul 24, 2011 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Parall3l

lƐllɐɹɐԀ
Just wondering why the internal DAC inside the ipod (or any other DAP) can't be bypassed without a special DAC that is made for the ipod (they are too expensive for me)? DAPs can be connected to computers via usb and transmit digital data. So why can't they output digital signals to external hardware? The only DAPs with digital ouput I've heard about are the super high end ones. (and the upcoming FiiO X3)

Waiting for a simple answer 
atsmile.gif

Jul 26, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #3 of 5
FWIW my nokia N8 cell (which has been doing DAP duties too since the fuze kick'd the bucket) outputs a 12s digi signal to external DACs via its USBOTG cable. could be wrong but im thinking all the nokias with USBOTG capability will do this bit magic too so f&%^&k apple & its closed proprietary crap! LOL

Jul 26, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
FWIW my nokia N8 cell (which has been doing DAP duties too since the fuze kick'd the bucket) outputs a 12s digi signal to external DACs via its USBOTG cable. could be wrong but im thinking all the nokias with USBOTG capability will do this bit magic too so f&%^&k apple & its closed proprietary crap! LOL

hmmm interesting, I'll do some more research on the N8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back