iPod/iMod vs Creative Zen Vision M
May 8, 2008 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wfranklin

100+ Head-Fier
**THREAD RELOCATED TO PORTABLES FORUM--PLEASE RESPOND THERE. THANKS**

Of these, which would you pick (based on your actual experience with one or both of the units)? Audio considerations only--video is a so-what to me. Faced with buying a gen 4/5/5.5 used (150?) plus iMod update (250) plus LOD, vs. paying about 180 for a refurb Vision M. Is the SQ on the iMod sufficiently different from a ZVM using LOD to justify the (significant) added expense? I listen to everything from classical to jazz to rock to trance (just about everything except hip-hop and rap), and will be listening thru an iQube via Edition 9's.

May 8, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 4
The Imod is probaly the best sound you can get from a portable. I have a Zen Vision M myself and love it. It really depends, you gear is nice..so my thinking would be that you will enjoy the SQ on the Imod vs the Zen. A huge thing if you talking about SQ is that the Ipod can play lossless. ATM, rockbox is just now hittin the net for the Zen. Once this comes in, i would get the Zen over a stock Ipod, however would take a Imod over a stock Zen. If it came down to a stock ipod or stock zen, i would go with the zen. Just my personal opinion.

ANother thing to note about a 4G Imod..you lose the headphone jack i believe. Meaning you will have to use a LOD and Amp to listen. The 5G Imod retains the headphone jack. You can read more about it at redwineaudio.com

PS- this should be in the portable forum btw =)

May 8, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks. Re-locating to portables forum and closing this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back