ipod headphone out died ! cheap portable solutions needed
Feb 17, 2010 at 5:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hamedy

100+ Head-Fier
hi there,

recently my friend call me to get some advice, the headphone output jack is not working because of a broken circuit board near the jack and I think using the Dock out port is the only solution, so I need some advice on what is the best amp for him , he is not going to use an amp to get SQ improvements, something that just do the job of internal amp, better to have an internal chargeable battery and mediocre SQ.
I saw those cheap Fiio amps, how they sound ? how about CMOD's?
I want it to be as thin as possible since he got an Ipod touch beacuse its thin!
so a bulky one is not a good choice.
I'm looking forward to your advice to help my friend soon, he is without music right now
biggrin.gif

also suggest me a place I can buy cheap line out cables , not silver or gold plated
tongue_smile.gif

thanks in advance
Hamed

Feb 18, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 8
I got a FiiO E1 and like it a lot it's really no bigger then having a remote on it the only complaint I would have with it is the clip is not very practical and you need to remember to clip it on before you turn on the iPod so you do not scroll through the tracks and for $20 it should do him nicely

Feb 18, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #3 of 8
A [size=medium]used[/size] Xin micro. The micro velcro'ed to the player, clipped onto the headband is pretty convenient. [size=x-small]
imgp2190.jpg

And see if you can get a mod to move this to portable amps forum. You'll get more responses though you will get them here as well.
[/size]

Feb 18, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #4 of 8
thanks for replies
I think Fiio E1 suits his needing, good to buy 1 piece including the amp and cable, it is also easier to take it outside.
its also available on amazon
is there any durability issue with it ?
sounds it sound quite good but I think its a Chinese product so I want to be sure it will last a couple of years at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back