Ipod Generations
Aug 25, 2005 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

osoucy

Head-Fier
This poll is adressed to those of you who own iPods.

I would like to know which iPod you own.

It is gonna be interesting...

Aug 25, 2005 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 9
I just picked up a cheap 5GB 1st Gen and I frankley don't see any reason to get any of the newer ones. I just wanted the player as something I could throw in my pocket and not care about. And mine is in perfect condition, the battery is still great and the player still runs like a champ.

Aug 25, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 9
I also own a first generation 5GB iPod.

Wow I was special when I bought that 3 years and a half ago. Five GB for an mp3 player was so ****ing crazy, you should have seen the reaction of people at that time. I think it is the best purchase I ever done, along with my etys.

Nonetheless, it is now time to say goodbye to my old friend. Here is why:
1) Space. I want to have all my music with me. Not just a fraction of it.
2) Audio output. Without a dock connection, there is no way you can get a good output if you want to plug it to a set of speakers or in your car.
3) Battery life. I can't hardly use it more than 3 hours before recharging.

Having that said, it remains that my 1G iPod stills work great for playing music through headphone. I drop it few times on concrete (street) and it stills work perfrectly. Such a great product....

Aug 25, 2005 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 9
I've got a 3G 20GB from before iPods really hit the mainstream and everyone was walking around with iBuds sticking out of their ears. The battery life never bothered me and never will, because I charge it everyday. If it dies, I'll get a replacement. Simple as that.

Aug 25, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capital R
I've got a 3G 20GB from before iPods really hit the mainstream and everyone was walking around with iBuds sticking out of their ears.

Wasn't a great time?

I remember and miss the time when I was using my iPod and people were asking... "Hugh... what is that? Isn't too small to insert a CD?"

Ah... now I'm drowned in this ocean of iPod users... so not orginial anymore... well at least I got some cools cans
orphsmile.gif

I also remember when I was in high school, one of my friend bought the FIRST mp3 player. I think it was a Rio 32 mb, expandable up to 64 mb. He paid $450 for his new toy. Ah ah... it wa soooo high-tech!

Aug 25, 2005 at 10:38 PM Post #6 of 9
Speaking of the past...

I remember seeing the first gen iPod at the first (I think) Apple store in Palo Alto, CA. I was primarily a PC user at the time and the first gen was Mac only, but even though I had a first gen NJB (which in itself was a big deal to me) I couldn't stop talking about the iPod to a girl I was with and I'm sure could care less. I even got up in the middle of lunch at Taxis a couple doors down, and went back to look at it for a sec. It really had that this is something kinda big feel to it (like Walkmans a couple decades back). Eventually looked hard at OS X. The rest is history.

Aug 26, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capital R
I've got a 3G 20GB from before iPods really hit the mainstream and everyone was walking around with iBuds sticking out of their ears. The battery life never bothered me and never will, because I charge it everyday. If it dies, I'll get a replacement. Simple as that.

same here. those were the fun and carefree days....

Aug 26, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #8 of 9
According to CompUSA, I purchased the first iPod sold in Las Vegas. Man, it was instant love and, except for the Shuffle, I've bought at least one of every succeeding generation. The only one that ever broke was a 3G 40 that failed a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait for the 5G!

Aug 26, 2005 at 11:52 AM Post #9 of 9
1st Generation 5G
2nd Generation 10G
3rd Generation 15G
2nd Generation Mini
Shuffle
Except for the 1st Generation 5G, all the other full-sized iPods were purchased after the new generation was released. So I'll probably be picking up a 4th Generation after the 5th Generation is released.
My preference is still for the 1st Generation, as I prefer the mechanical nature of the buttons and scroll wheel.........they just feel more substantial.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back