Ipod exchange policy at Best Buy
Jul 25, 2004 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Lion Zion

Head-Fier
I will preface this post by saying that this is kind of a lame question, but here goes:

I purchased a 3g 15g Ipod at Best Buy on 6/26/04. Paid full blast $299. plus $40. for fire wire card for my pc (xp o/s). The unit seems to work o.k but now the 4g is here (story of my life) and was wondering if anyone is familiar with BB's xchange policy. I have the box, packing manuals, etc. The policy on the back if the sales receipt is fairly ambiguous. So my question to you savy consumers out there is as follows:

A: Anyone have any experience with BB in a similar situation and
b: Is it worth it (my battery does seem to retire fairly quickly.

Thanks in advance to all.

Jul 25, 2004 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 6
my understanding is that you have 30 days no-questions-asked returns, even if the box is open. i suggest u hurry down to best buy to return and then buy a new 4g. dont forget your receipt! (even tho they have it on file. itll just save you some time)

Jul 25, 2004 at 3:18 AM Post #3 of 6
this sucks big ones - my wife bought my ipod straight from the apple store, and it only had a 15 day return - of course i got em 21 days before the 4Gs...

Jul 25, 2004 at 4:45 AM Post #4 of 6
According to my experience in Houston, Best Buy will charge you a restocking fee (15%), if you can not demonstrate them that it is broke.
Next time, buy it in Circuit City, they still give you 30 days money back, no matter what.

On the other hand, the best TAP is from CompUsa, you just pay extra 35 or 40 dollars (one year) but you just can swap it for the new version, no questions asked.

Jul 27, 2004 at 8:07 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mariowar
According to my experience in Houston, Best Buy will charge you a restocking fee (15%), if you can not demonstrate them that it is broke.

That's only for several types of items that are listed in the exchange policy you'd see on the wall. Best Buy is great for trying things out for 30 days before returning them for a full refund. MP3 players would be taken back regardless of whether or not there is a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back