iPod Event 9/1/10 Confirmed
Aug 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #18 of 128
The current 3G touch already has over 50 with 64GB. We will probably still be at 64 top end with 4G but there is a chance of seeing 128GB.

There's also the Hifiman 602 with removable storage.

Aug 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #19 of 128
I know hifiman is a highly regarded player in this forum but there's a few things I really don't like about it.

1) terrible battery life for my needs - university student so 10 hours go by very quick
2) the design is very retro - again some people really like this aspect but then again, same reason as first.
3) too expensive - same reason as first

not interested in the ipod touch as i'll be getting an iphone 4 by the end of this week but i wouldn't mind buying a classic (if updated) or cowon j3 hopefully

Aug 26, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #20 of 128
Only mentioned it because you brought up removable storage. Didn't know you had issues with it in other areas.

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #21 of 128

Quote:
Anyone know if user adjustable EQ is a feature of the new models?

Quote:
That would shock the world, if they were to add a user-customizable EQ. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it, but I guess you never know.
basshead.gif

I'd be on it like white on rice!!! That's all the iPod classic needs IMO, a user-customizable EQ,.............

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #22 of 128

Quote:
I'd be on it like white on rice!!! That's all the iPod classic needs IMO, a user-customizable EQ,.............

If it had an EQ, I probably would have bought one at tax time last year. But hey, there's always next year.....

Aug 27, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #24 of 128

Quote:
I know hifiman is a highly regarded player in this forum but there's a few things I really don't like about it.

1) terrible battery life for my needs - university student so 10 hours go by very quick
2) the design is very retro - again some people really like this aspect but then again, same reason as first.
3) too expensive - same reason as first

not interested in the ipod touch as i'll be getting an iphone 4 by the end of this week but i wouldn't mind buying a classic (if updated) or cowon j3 hopefully

Colorfly has retro design ( http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56945 ), and HiFiMan is just a silly looking brick IMHO.

Also, isn't Zune HD a way better than iTouch considering it as player?

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #26 of 128
What we've seen so far makes it seem like the rounded back will return. I too was hoping for an iPhone style casing.

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #27 of 128

Quote:
Eh, I'm perfectly happy with my 2nd generation iPod Touch. I'll only buy a replacement if it explodes or I lose it.

I would have been too, but my power button has sucked into the body of the thing and makes it impossible to take screenshots... bugger. For birthday/christmas this year, I'll be getting a new iPod touch.

Aug 28, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #28 of 128
It looks like there will be a small touch screen iPod about the same size as earlier iPod Shuffles (the square-ish ones). I'm wondering if they had a hard time providing power with their small size

Aug 28, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #29 of 128
Rumor has it there will be a 4G iPod touch with 3G wireless for data similar to iPad. Depending on the pricing of the data plan that could be really great for me.

Aug 28, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #30 of 128

Quote:
Rumor has it there will be a 4G iPod touch with 3G wireless for data similar to iPad. Depending on the pricing of the data plan that could be really great for me.

Unless the wife and I go iPhone I'm liking this as well. A 3G connected iPod touch would be super IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back