iPod, ER6i and portable amplification
Sep 17, 2005 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Pendergast

Head-Fier
Hello.

Although this is my first post, I have been reading a lot of these threads. It is great to have such a pool of experiences you can learn from!

I have had experiences with Headroom's Supreme (which is laying in the dust with a silent channel) and Grado's 60 and 225. I do have a U2 iPod and a Shuffle and a pair of EX-71 (always useful for those long sweaty bicycle rides). My home system is a Quad 77 with Totem monitor 1 Signature.

I have just purchased a pair or ER6i for an iPod nano. Both are on their way. I read here, and elsewhere, that it is recommended to have amplification to ensure better bass reproduction.

What would be your amplifying recommendation for someone like me with a very wide range of musical taste? I am looking for portability and price needs to be reasonable ($100 to $300).

Thank you for your assistance!

Sep 17, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 2
i have the nano and er6-i combination currently and it sounds great without amplification. I also have the er4-s which sounds a little dull straight out of the nano and benefits from amplification. If you want to go for a tiny wonderful sounding package i don't think an amp is required for this setup IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back