ipod eq - possible?
Jun 9, 2005 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

b-sides

100+ Head-Fier
can the ipod support an equalizer, possibly as a firmware update? if so, why hasnt anyone (including apple) done this yet?

Jun 9, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 24
Yeah the iPod does have an equalizer, but IMHO, it is such crappy s*it that it doesn't do anything, and what it does do, at its extremes, sounds like someone jamming spinning drill bits in your ears.

Jun 9, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #7 of 24
yeah MP3Gain is awesome, go for that. although i just started using it, its still good.

Jun 9, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
yeah MP3Gain is awesome, go for that. although i just started using it, its still good.

i'm going that route too. hopefully by the time i get home mp3gain would have finished up dicing up my itunes library. then i can finally crank up my Solo - at night i have to listen to it SO softly that the pot is barely turned on!

edit - and i might give the EQ a listen too, tho i never use them really.

Jun 9, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 24
i meant like a modifiable eq, with bars and such.

Jun 9, 2005 at 11:32 PM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-sides
i meant like a modifiable eq, with bars and such.

The chip is capable of parametric equalisation but Apple in their infinate wisdom.....
mad.gif
frown.gif

Jun 10, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #13 of 24
they wouldnt care, just as long as it looks cool and does cool stuff. yeah.... thats apple...

Jun 10, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2
I highly doubt Apple will release a Custom EQ.

Disagree. It will in fact be part of the continuous 'upgrade curve' marketing strategy Apple employs. i.e., "give 'em more {insert feature/performance value here}". Don't like the Mini?...we'll make it with more battery life....etc., etc. Sooner or later, mark these words, 'parametric custom EQ' will be touted as the next big IMPROVEMENT on iPod Gen nth.

Above not intended to dissuade enjoyment/purchase of iPod product - got one myself and enjoy it. One just needs to recognize the business aspect of the electronics world....why would anyone replace the old one unless the "new" one does {insert feature/performance value here} better? And it is my opinion that these improvements are doled out to us in a very calculated and market-savvy way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back