ipod earbuds
Dec 9, 2001 at 3:36 AM Post #18 of 29
And compared to the V6s. Generally, when the 35s are referred to as muffled, it's in comparison to decidedly more expensive headphones. Compared to anything in their price range, the 35s are not muffled.

Dec 9, 2001 at 3:40 AM Post #20 of 29
"Muffled" means the music is not clear. Kinda like listening to somebody talk behind a closed door would sound muffled. Once you open the door, nothing obscures the sound, and it's not muffled anymore.

Dec 9, 2001 at 4:12 AM Post #23 of 29
argh...i still want the 35's even after all this....but i can't find them.....in fact, i went shopping today in downtown vancouver BC Canada and i couldn't even find any kosses with the 35's drivers except for the portapros (i was expecting to AT LEAST find the 55's).

I did audition the grado sr60's though. WHOA!!!
biggrin.gif
I have now had my first taste of audiophilism (hehe), and i like it. I would have bought them on the spot, IF IT WASN'T PRICED AT $150CAN!!!! grrr....what a rip....i still wanna try the 35's and the sony v6's though.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2001 at 4:35 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

argh...i still want the 35's even after all this....but i can't find them.....in fact, i went shopping today in downtown vancouver BC Canada and i couldn't even find any kosses with the 35's drivers except for the portapros (i was expecting to AT LEAST find the 55's).

Did you see the For Sale post a couple days ago of a person in Canada who had some for sale?

Dec 9, 2001 at 8:58 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

I did audition the grado sr60's though. WHOA!!! I have now had my first taste of audiophilism (hehe), and i like it. I would have bought them on the spot, IF IT WASN'T PRICED AT $150CAN!!!!

just FYI: Sound Hounds in Victoria has SR60's for $120 i think, and it has SR80's for $150. That's where I got my SR80's (they include shipping too). And as for Koss's that use the KSC-35's drivers, go to A&B Sound. They have the KSC-50's ($34.99) and maybe the 55's. All prices in CDN.

Dec 10, 2001 at 1:44 AM Post #26 of 29
...just screw off.

wink.gif

Seriously though, why don't you just e-mail one of the discount sellers in the US...the dude that I use ( hifiman69@aol.com ) sells '60s for (I think) $55 USD, which is $86 CAD. He's very fair w/shipping, too.

You can pay by credit card and you won't have to worry about currency conversion or conversion bank fees and all of that.

Hope this helps.

- Matt

Dec 10, 2001 at 2:09 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda
trying cutting a hole in the center of the pads covering the KSC-35's drivers. Only about the size of a dime or so.

I'm having a hard time though believing that the earbuds that come with the I-pod can beat one of the best (if not the best) budget headphones available...

Thanks for this suggestion Neruda. When I cut the center of the pad it was almost solid, not open cell like the rest of the pad. It may have been a manufacturing defect in the pad itself. Having cut that part out has made all the difference, they are no longer muffled and sound much better than the ear buds. Once again, thanks!

Dec 10, 2001 at 7:15 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by alexskippy
Thanks for this suggestion Neruda. When I cut the center of the pad it was almost solid, not open cell like the rest of the pad. It may have been a manufacturing defect in the pad itself. Having cut that part out has made all the difference, they are no longer muffled and sound much better than the ear buds. Once again, thanks!

Wow! That's really odd -- you're right that it must have been a manufacturing defect. I've had lots of pairs of KSC-35 over the years, and they all had really thin pads. How bizarre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back