iPod dock
Aug 6, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't think the ipod univeral dock has a true line out (at least my didn't). I replaced my apple doc with a cheap and smaller dock from sendstation (yes, with a true line out).

Aug 6, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 8
The "old-school" Universal Docks (without IR remote control support) have a true line-out. I purchased one designed for the third generation and removed the plastic upper and it works great.

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #5 of 8
Sorry to hear that you though that, and bought it!
It makes sense for most people to be able to adjust the volume with the remote control. Not exactly what a Head-Fier want though...

Aug 7, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #7 of 8
Well I've just discovered that the volume control when it's in the dock is separate from the normal volume control. That is, I can have the normal volume at 10% but when I put it in the dock it jumps up to 100% or whatever and when I take it out it goes back to 10%...

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #8 of 8
Bump. Anyone have an idea what's happening here? Is it possible that this volume control is still bypassing the iPod's amp? So more like software volume control...

Edit: the same volume level straight through the headphone out and through the dock sounds completely different on my earphones - through the dock is much quieter for the same volume level, which makes me think that it isn't amplifying the signal but just changing its volume...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back