iPod Dock -> RCA?
Jul 1, 2008 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Callous

100+ Head-Fier
Can anyone recommend me someplace where I can get an iPod/RCA cable for something not as ridiculously absurd as $175?
tongue.gif

Cough, Audio Line Out

Thanks everyone!

Jul 6, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 31
I too am shopping for an ipod dock to rca cable. I want to get a nice one, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg either. I checked out the sites reccommended but I am kind of weary as to what the quality will be like. I mean I know Ken at ALO removes all the other pins from the ipod dock except ground and the right and left channel. Should I worry if other cable manufacturers do this? I mean will the cable be noisier if it has all the other pins in the dock connector? I do love Ken's work but sometimes I wish he had a budget line of cable to choose from...same first rate meticulous workmanship, just cheaper materials. I am looking to enjoy my ipod on the go with my new XP-7!

Jul 6, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #5 of 31
Radio shack has them for like $9...I think.

Jul 26, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #6 of 31
Hi, I see it's been almost a month, but I was too looking for this some time ago (decided not to get any at this time
smily_headphones1.gif
), so if you guys are still interested, the more reasonable ones I noted for myself are offered at
Moon Audio
The site uses frames, go to Headphone & Portable Cables, scroll patiently until 60-70% down - Silver Dragon iPod Dock to RCA, $85 for 0.5 ft. Black Dragon, lower, $90. Both look very nice to me. If I were using the iPod more (I prefer listening at home, with a stationary setup), I would get one of these.
I was also considering Monster's AV iPod Dock connector, ~$35 on Amazon.com, assuming there should be no harm just using the audio connects. There are people there complaining it didn't work with their iPods, well, it is an older product, for up until 5.5 G iPods.
And the Nyko cable, mentioned above, I think for either $15 or $25 on Amazon.

There are many more choices for iPod RCA-to-mini, but I understand you get much better SQ connecting through the dock.

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #9 of 31
Thanks. Looks like a smaller scale production - not necessarily a bad thing...
HeatFan12, can you still tell us how much one should expect to pay (including shipping)? Approximately? This will decide any future interest for many.

Jul 26, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #10 of 31
Absolutely...

I had to look for my last email order from him- I ordered an 8in mini to mini with a TurbodockV11 (pictured)...The mini was $34 + $7 for one right angle, and the TurbodockV11 was $34...Shipped

Last order I placed was 09-07. those were the prices then...
His email- emieses@comcast.net
Contact him and he will send you a pricelist with everything he offers.

The good thing about having a separate dock is that you can use any mini you want. He also offers the Diabolous which is a dock hardwired to a mini.

I have several of his products and I am very happy with them. His customer service is great.

I also have 3 ALO line out docks, which are great, however, they are hardwired to the dock, so you have less flexibity on how you want to use it.

Thanks
Jesse

Jul 27, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #11 of 31
Where do i get the Ipod Line Out Adapter like the one you have in the picture. I already have Y-cable , but i need LOD adapter out to send signal to my home stereo system.

thanks.

Jul 27, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Where do i get the Ipod Line Out Adapter like the one you have in the picture. I already have Y-cable , but i need LOD adapter out to send signal to my home stereo system.

thanks.

If you already have the mini to RCA then you just need the Turbodock...Send Turbo an email (it's in my previous post) and let him know you just need the Turbodock. If I remember correctly, he has them in black or white...

Jes

Jul 27, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #14 of 31
Thanks.
The one on ebay is a good price, but i'm not comfortable in buying stuffs oversea. If possible , i would like to buy products shipped from the US.

thanks again.

Jul 27, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatFan12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to look for my last email order from him- I ordered an 8in mini to mini with a TurbodockV11 (pictured)...The mini was $34 + $7 for one right angle, and the TurbodockV11 was $34...Shipped

Last order I placed was 09-07. those were the prices then...
His email- emieses@comcast.net
Contact him and he will send you a pricelist with everything he offers.
I have several of his products and I am very happy with them. His customer service is great.

Thanks! This sure is competitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back