Ipod dock or direct line out???
Mar 29, 2007 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

senns&nonsense

500+ Head-Fier
I am currently running my iPod to a Headfive using an Apple dock and a lousy mini-RCA cable to the H5. I want to either....

-Buy a better quality mini-RCA cable or
-get a line-out dock to RCA, making the dock obsolete (at least for playing music)

Since I already have the dock, is there any reason to believe the quality from a line-out dock is better than the line-out from the back of the dock assuming an equivalent cable?

Also, I am hoping to get something of better quality without going all the way to ALO type price and quality. Is there an "intermediate" solution? Does anyone have any experience with some of the Ebay sellers, many from Canada, who sell cables in the $30-60 range that at least look/spec sort of high-end and have good feedback?

Thanks for the input - just trying to improve my sound without spending 3 more digits, especially since I tend to side with the more evidence-based arguments about very expensive cabling (obviously without the benefit of much experience....)

Mar 30, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 5
i would contact Alex over at www.apuresound.com he offers many different cables and he might be able to make a custom one for you

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #4 of 5
You could always just get a bling bling dock from ken at ALO. Its only 45 + 5 dollars shipping. So its in your range I would imagine.

Mar 30, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #5 of 5
for the tips. I am checking on those options. The Bling does not seem to end with RCAs, but I have emailed ALO to see if that is doable near my price.

Joey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back