IPod discount for dirty college boys
Feb 26, 2004 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

chaosinfinity

New Head-Fier
I was in Alumni hall where there are tons of people giving out information, and one was from Apple, and they said that if I show my school ID at any of the IPod stores, i can get a 30 dollar discount on either size IPod or IPod mini. Theres a site too
www.apple.com/education/store

can anyone gimme some more info on this or anyone take advantage of this? i really wanna get one and this seems like a nice way

Feb 27, 2004 at 6:54 AM Post #2 of 15
yeah it always been this way, in fact i can pick up the ipod from my college bookstore with the educational discount already applied, but i didn't do that cauz i wanted the free lazer engraving.

all you need to do is select your school and that's it. i don't know how they check, i think anyone can do it. if they know where to find it.

Feb 27, 2004 at 8:46 AM Post #3 of 15
i think with online purchases through the education store, you need to prove somehow that you're a student - either by faxing a copy of your student id or a copy of your registration or something...

target.com is having a 10% sale right now on the ipod mini if you use coupon code "TDAW2SAVETEN"...i don't know if this extends to the other ipods, buy you can check.

Feb 27, 2004 at 5:29 PM Post #5 of 15
I have heard that Apple will reference email addresses, street addresses, cities, etc. when they are verifying Educational discount status. They apparently do not do it for all purchases and will, on occasion, require faxed copies of IDs as verification. It is a very small "catch and release" method of keeping folks in line. There are so many ways to qualify for the Educational discount with Apple (and all hardware/software vendors) these days that is is probably not worth the hassle. Between the teachers, students, administrators, and family members of the same, there are not a great number of people who would not be able to get the Discount if they really wanted.

Feb 27, 2004 at 5:32 PM Post #6 of 15
i guess if you use a .edu email it would be easier
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Unclewai
You can order from crutchfield

$20 off $200 coupon prgpw-3v41y-q4wwy
makes it 229 shipped, no tax.
Ipod stores charges tax which negates the discount.

is that the 10 gig?

Feb 27, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #12 of 15
Yeah I got my iPod with an educational discount, it's pretty nice. It drops the price quite a bit. I also bought my Powerbook G4 Aluminum 15.2 inch using a educational discount too. I love Apple products.

Feb 28, 2004 at 12:49 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Xarthan
iPod is as far as i'll go with Apple products, i perfer PC Computers

well, we can't all be cool...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back