iPod Covers?
Dec 9, 2004 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

jpr703

Headphoneus Supremus
Can anyone recommend a good iPod cover? I'm looking for something that will keep it from getting scratched up but will still allow access to the bottom port in order to connect a Sik Din. It seems like there's a million products out there and I'm not sure where to start.

Dec 9, 2004 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 22
Check out ipodlounge.com.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2004 at 2:48 PM Post #3 of 22
Maybe you should list what you want and don't want.

Some like the PodSleevz provides no major shock protection, but keeps the footprint low (plus you can use it to buff out scratches). Others like the Showcase feel very secure, but gets dirty easily and adds bulk. The Speck is one of the few that gives access to the dock. I just bought an Inferno, because well I was drunk.

Dec 9, 2004 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 22
These are the most expensive, but I love them. Got one for my wife and one for me. They are the "coach" of MP3 cases (and they do PDAs, digital cameras, etc). Very well made, and very attractive. A zillion color options, too. Custom-made from Argentina, takes about 2-3 weeks. Rave reviews at the iPodLounge, too. $87/$91 with shipping, with/without belt clip. I went sans clip to have a smooth back (and I would never wear my iPod on my belt in NYC anyway). If you have the budget (and most folks here seem to...), I would not hesitate. iPod is totally protected, except for the clickwheel, including a nice screen protector. Total access to the port underneath. These things do not easily slide off. They are just the mint of the cases for small gadgets like iPods (or rio, or iriver, etc.).

HTML Code:

Code:
[left]www.vajacases.com[/left]

- walkman666

Dec 9, 2004 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 22
i pre-ordered the new killer case from slappa. you know the name, now get the game.

Dec 9, 2004 at 3:30 PM Post #7 of 22
While I love my Vaja case (it even helps finding the buttons on a 3G) I do not think I would buy another one once I get a new iPod (whenever), at least at the moment. It is a great case. Great quality, good protection, you can't go wrong here. But it adds bulk, and sometimes that can be inconvenient. Maybe I will get something from this place next time http://www.macskinz.com/

Dec 9, 2004 at 3:42 PM Post #8 of 22
Can anyone with a vaja case take a picture? I'd like to see how much bulk they really add.

Dec 9, 2004 at 4:59 PM Post #10 of 22
Dec 9, 2004 at 5:03 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan
Thanks. Wow they are really thick. Thicker than they look on the site they are sold on.

As I said, that's for a 20GB 3G. Isn't the 4G slimmer? I forgot...
confused.gif

Dec 9, 2004 at 5:28 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
While I love my Vaja case (it even helps finding the buttons on a 3G) I do not think I would buy another one once I get a new iPod (whenever), at least at the moment. It is a great case. Great quality, good protection, you can't go wrong here. But it adds bulk, and sometimes that can be inconvenient. Maybe I will get something from this place next time http://www.macskinz.com/

i use that right now - the podskinz work perfect and indeed is very flush with the ipod. but what can i say, sometimes you want something beefier, and the skinz is annoying to try and take off when you want to dock it to something like my fm transmitter.

Dec 9, 2004 at 5:59 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
As I said, that's for a 20GB 3G. Isn't the 4G slimmer? I forgot...
confused.gif

Yeah I forgot about that, but still the case is pretty thick.

Dec 9, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #14 of 22
That thickness of the vaja case on my iPod does not bother me none. I see it as providing protection in the event the thing is dropped. But in the grand scheme of things, the added thickness does not preclude me from putting the newly wrapped iPod where I would if it were bare -- in my coat pocket, jeans pocket, etc. If the potential thickness is what is scaring you, and you are otherwise interested, I would not hesitate. If you want more info, go to iPodLounge.com where there are many, many more reviews and threads on cases, with many folks showing pix and gloating over their vajas. I've not read anything negative, and remember, I got two, and not at the same time (i.e. I like mine so much I got my wife one...chic for my chick in NYC!).

- walkman666

Dec 9, 2004 at 7:27 PM Post #15 of 22
The Vaja is certainly the King of the covers and when I first saw one in life it blew me away. But to owners, do you find yourself wanting to protect the protection? Leather is certainly tough, but it also can be scratched and discolors relatively easily. At the price, when you have a Vaja on, do you treat your iPod the same as if it had a silicon or plastic case on... or like your iPod is caseless and could be scratched at any moment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back