ipod control and line out and charge
Jul 18, 2009 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

enthewhite

New Head-Fier
Hello, this is my first post here. I have been searching these forums the past couple days trying to get ideas for my ipod setup I want in my car. I would like to have a line out from the ipod (5th Gen), a controller for the ipod, and to be able to charge it while doing this.

Both Harman Kardon (drive + play) and Alpine (ex-10) make an all-in-one solution for this, but I am not sure about the sound quality I would get from these units. (I will be plugging into a Clarion EQS746 then out from that to my amps) And I would also rather have a controller that simply controls the actual ipod screen rather than using a separate screen, which I still cannot find. All the ipod remote controls I find only offer the basic play/pause/next/etc. controls (not menu navigation)

I know this sounds like a mp3car.com post rather than head-fi.com post, but I thought somebody here might have some useful info. I am mainly trying to find out if the sound quality of the headphone jack vs. drive+play or ex10 vs. imod (or the like) vs. pocketdock will make much of a difference in a car audio system, and if anybody knows of any menu navigation controllers for the ipod.

Thanks for reading my long and desperate post (been researching this stuff all day)

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back