IPod Classic
Aug 27, 2014 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dichtert

New Head-Fier
I have an Apple iPod Classic 160Gb.  The model is getting somewhat long in the tooth. Does any know if there will be a replacement for it or will Apple be continually tweaking it instead of bringing out something new.  I have all my classical disks on my iPod and if they discontinue it, the only available iPod is the touch and it does't have enough memory

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 3
My Classic started having battery issues. I bit the bullet and went with a 64GB Touch. I listen to a lot of Pandora. There are no rumors about the Classic being updated, and the 128GB Touch never materialized. Perhaps the iPhone 6 will have a 128GB option.

The lack of space on a Touch and the lack of support for high resolution formats has seen me recently leave iOS for my music player. I've gone with Sony's Walkman. Hi res support, 128GB of space, and a better amplifier sold me.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #3 of 3
I've owned the 7G 160 GB iPod Classic since 2012. After installing Rockbox recently, I was astonished how different it sounded. Didn't think the device was capable of sounding this good on its own. That being said, I'm not interested at all in any future iPods, or even any revisions to this one. I plan on upgrading to audiophile DAPs in the future. They offer much better sound quality and storage space, among other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back