iPod Classic - the only large capacity, great sounding player with a nice UI?
Mar 5, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #16 of 24
I know the Creative, Archos and Cowon HDD PMP's have gotten some really bad reviews for a lack of bug-fixing, lack of updating or awful/no customer service.

So, yes, the Ipod Classic seems to be the only reliable HDD PMP with a large market of third party accessories.

I only wish Sony would make a >64G Walkman, be it HDD or SSD. With the release of their Android PMP, though, I don't see that happening.

Mar 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #17 of 24

Quote:
I know the Creative, Archos and Cowon HDD PMP's have gotten some really bad reviews for a lack of bug-fixing, lack of updating or awful/no customer service.

So, yes, the Ipod Classic seems to be the only reliable HDD PMP with a large market of third party accessories.

I only wish Sony would make a >64G Walkman, be it HDD or SSD. With the release of their Android PMP, though, I don't see that happening.

There are 64GB walkmans available in A & Z series but they are Japan only products.
http://www.sony.jp/walkman/lineup/z_series/
http://www.sony.jp/walkman/lineup/a_series/

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #18 of 24
Mar 6, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #20 of 24
i would go the 7G Classic 160gb, 6G sounds the worst.

My mum has a 5.5G classic, rolled off highs, i do not like it, and contrary to what many say the wolfson is actually worse than the new cirrus.

My step dad has a 6G classic and i have the 7G

the 7G is very good sounding, i dont like the 6G sound or screen.

You can get a refurb classic from apple for 163 GBP which is just over your budget.

Mar 6, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #21 of 24

Quote:
My mum has a 5.5G classic, rolled off highs, i do not like it, and contrary to what many say the wolfson is actually worse than the new cirrus.
You can get a refurb classic from apple for 163 GBP which is just over your budget.

Hey randomkid did you find any difference sonicaly betweeen your rockboxed classic and the original firmware?

Mar 6, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #22 of 24
not sonically i dont think, but volume is no longer capped, EQ is amazing and all the options are amazing. Im very happy with rockbox.

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

An iMod 5.5G is materially better than the 7G Classic as a source. All IMHO YMMV.

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #24 of 24
but thats an iMod not stock, i'm comparing stock. And the price of an iMod is not worth it IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back