Ipod Classic static/crackling at certain tones
Mar 14, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #16 of 18
The line level in the iPod might be a hair louder. Lower the volume and see. It also could have something to do with the combination of the cans and the player. Have you tried other headphones or listening through the line out?

If it isn't those things, odds are you have a defective unit. I have a Classic and it doesn't do that.

See ya
Steve

Mar 15, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The line level in the iPod might be a hair louder. Lower the volume and see. It also could have something to do with the combination of the cans and the player. Have you tried other headphones or listening through the line out?

If it isn't those things, odds are you have a defective unit. I have a Classic and it doesn't do that.

See ya
Steve

I'll try that. Thanks, Steve.

Mar 15, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All iPods will pause or skip if the buffer overflows. You're probably trying to play tracks that are larger than the built in RAM. Use AAC instead of lossless and that problem with go away.

See ya
Steve

like i said i didnt have this problem with the 5G ipod.. using the exact same mp3's

I think i was reading somewhere that possibly the buffer to the 5G 60/80 gigs were bigger then the 160? iono this is kind of speculation but i remember reading it somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back