Ipod Classic SQ - Am I missing Anything?
Mar 13, 2009 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SpudHarris

Headphoneus Supremus
I've had an 80gb and now a 160gb Classic. All my tunes with the exception of the odd download are in Lossless and I have to say I'm not unhappy with the SQ. I use various Portable Amps with decent LOD's and also play it through a GS Solo at home with a nice SPOFC custom cable from Milian Acoustics.

But like most of you guys I'm always looking for something more, you know how it goes with the upgrade thing......

I've written a few Ear/Headphone reviews here and there and on one or two where I've mentioned the fact that I use an ipod I've had comments left saying that the ipod sucks compared to other players in the SQ dept. I don't have any other players to compare against so can anyone tell me is there a noticable difference between the ipod and say Cowan or Sansa or others??

I'm probably going to regret asking this aren't I?

Mar 13, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #2 of 3
If you want the best sound quality, use a DAP with digital out to a Ibasso will get around the shortcomings of a DAP's analogue section. I've plugged my H140 into several pound home gear. With line out it will sound good but never as good as those DAP's with digital out.

Mar 13, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #3 of 3
A different player would sound different, to me the difference is audible, but not what I'd call very different. Different people might have a different preference as to which one sounds "better". But IMO, the impact on sound on changing DAPs pales in comparison to the sound signature imparted by different earphones. And if you use an amp, the part played by the DAP gets even smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back