iPod Classic sound quality
Jul 22, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #17 of 21
This issue has been discussed a lot already. Most agree that a iPod classic is a very good portable solution and can be used as a dedicated source component. If you're not entirely satisfied with its headphone out, you can easily get a line out to an amp (ipod line out cables are the most prevalent). If you are still not satisfied with the wolfson DAC(in the 5 and 5.5 gen) or the Cirrus Logic chip (7th gen), there are dedicated ipod transports around, like the wadia itransport, onkyo or the HRT istreamers that efffectively bypasses EVERYTHING in the ipod so that you can use whatever DAC or amps you want.

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #18 of 21
Man be easy on me...I'm on my first day here...I can assure you I didn't understand a word...for now I'm waiting on a lod cable and a fiio basic amp...let me study... ; ) I am a mac user and I like ipod and would like to stay with it...

Jul 23, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
Man be easy on me...I'm on my first day here...I can assure you I didn't understand a word...for now I'm waiting on a lod cable and a fiio basic amp...let me study... ; ) I am a mac user and I like ipod and would like to stay with it...

Haha I know exactly what you mean. Audiophile jargon has some getting used to.

Jul 23, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #20 of 21
You freaks get out of their wallet. See, this is what they mean by "Welcome to Head Fi, sorry for your wallet".

The ability to have all your music, photos, movies, hard drive storage in your pocket sure is handy. LOD is as good as you'll get for portable use. Get an amp with bass boost and crossfeed and turn everything off in EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back