iPOD Classic sound issue
Oct 21, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #16 of 24
yeah that's what I'm using. upgraded to newest firmware, tried resetting too.

Just got off the phone with apple, she said it does sound like a warranty issue and mentioned that she thinks she's heard about it before from either the hard drive (stupid answer IMO) or assembly of the headphone jack/output at the production level (not a stupid answer IMO).

I will be replacing it at an apple store in about 3 weeks so I will let you know what happens.

EDIT: So I called my friend that bought a brand new iPod classic last December when I bought mine and his also clicks. So weird, maybe it's all Classics, so I advise those that say they don't have the clicking to try with buds/IEMs again and see (I could barely hear with my KSC75)

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #17 of 24
Update:

Decided against replacing because the issue is replicated on two different classics of different hard drive sizes and my friends 30gb ipod video...

Definitely weird but what can you do...

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #18 of 24
solved, i bought my third ipod classic (this time a refurbished one), and the annoying sound is gone
smily_headphones1.gif

I think apple releases different classic factory batches, some are better, some are less
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #19 of 24
while i don't have the classic--mine's a 5.5g Imod off to vinnie for repair--I DO wonder if you'd hear all that with a LOD and amp. oDont know,but it's an interesting thought. I DO have a new Nano tht I use with just my X10 or Ety4p and don't notice that. But then, totally different player.

Just my 2 C

Dec 19, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by icsterm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
solved, i bought my third ipod classic (this time a refurbished one), and the annoying sound is gone
smily_headphones1.gif

I think apple releases different classic factory batches, some are better, some are less
smily_headphones1.gif

maybe they fixed the problem this is why it is a refurbished Ipod

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by icsterm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Did you actually return it 3 times in order to "fix" this problem?

Dec 20, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #22 of 24
Just tried this with my classic 80g and I get the same sort of noise, never really noticed before as I don't tend to change he volume that much when listening. My ipod is about 6 months old, is it worth taking it back for this?

Dec 20, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #23 of 24
I really don't think so... If so many people are having the "problem" maybe it's not a real problem at all but simply an annoyance. My friends 30g 5g ipod does the same thing at volumes near maximum. :shrugs:

Dec 20, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really don't think so... If so many people are having the "problem" maybe it's not a real problem at all but simply an annoyance. My friends 30g 5g ipod does the same thing at volumes near maximum. :shrugs:

I've never heard this with my 30G. Of course these days it is always played through the Tomahawk, and my memory isn't what it used to be...
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back