Ipod Classic+ GS Voyager+ Shure SE530
Feb 28, 2008 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hardtarget666

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I'm new to headfi and wanted to know how well does the following combination sounds: Ipod Classic+Graham Slee Voyager+Shure SE530's. Will this combi complement each other? I listen to all sorts of music, classic/jazz/trance-techno/metal/RNB etc.

How important is the quality of line out cable?

Tried searching for good line out cable in UK but dont think anyone is selling them. Any recommendations??

Cheers!!

Feb 28, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardtarget666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried searching for good line out cable in UK but dont think anyone is selling them. Any recommendations??

Sorry, I can't comment on the Voyager or the 530s as I've never heard either. As far as LODs are concerned, take a look at Qables. They're not in the UK but they are in the EU so shipping and currency concerns are smaller.

Feb 28, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for that link! I'll check it out! Anyone else got this setup?

Feb 28, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #4 of 8
you wont be dissapointed with the voyager/classic combo.

perhaps if your checking out qables site look into the iqube too. Both of these amps are amongst the VERY best portables available.

I would also, funds allowing, try out some ety er4p with p to s cable or just get the er4s as your planning to amp anyway and try them against the shures.

I listen to trance and techno alngside classical/opera etc and generally, the consensus is the se530 are better suited to electro and er4 to classical, but imo, and remembering this is subjective territory, the er4p (I use the p to s cabe) with a goodseal is the consumate all rounder taking everythng thrown at it and spitting it out into your ears with aplomb, seriously, the ety's are particuarly fantastic.

qables do lods, but also it may be worth pm'ing stevenkelby, go tobuyer/seller feedback, look for steven kelby thread and check out some of the pics on the last or next to last page for inspiration. Generally, copper is a warmer darker sound and silver is a brighter more airy sound imo.

Feb 28, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 8
Yes, please try Quables or PM the prestigious Head-Fi member stevenkelby first!

I just went through my first order with stevenkelby, and wow...I'm definitely not going with any other cable "company" now!
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you wont be dissapointed with the voyager/classic combo.

perhaps if your checking out qables site look into the iqube too. Both of these amps are amongst the VERY best portables available.

I would also, funds allowing, try out some ety er4p with p to s cable or just get the er4s as your planning to amp anyway and try them against the shures.

I listen to trance and techno alngside classical/opera etc and generally, the consensus is the se530 are better suited to electro and er4 to classical, but imo, and remembering this is subjective territory, the er4p (I use the p to s cabe) with a goodseal is the consumate all rounder taking everythng thrown at it and spitting it out into your ears with aplomb, seriously, the ety's are particuarly fantastic.

qables do lods, but also it may be worth pm'ing stevenkelby, go tobuyer/seller feedback, look for steven kelby thread and check out some of the pics on the last or next to last page for inspiration. Generally, copper is a warmer darker sound and silver is a brighter more airy sound imo.

Thanks mate!!! The thing is I've purchased the SE530's so wouldnt be able to change them.....yet
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, please try Quables or PM the prestigious Head-Fi member stevenkelby first!

I just went through my first order with stevenkelby, and wow...I'm definitely not going with any other cable "company" now!
biggrin.gif

Do you know if he ships to UK??

Feb 28, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #8 of 8
ah well regarding the se530's the chances are you WONT be dissapointed, its just that for me personally, I do prefer the ety sound.

Howeve, talk to someone else and their opinion will be the complete opposite.

As for steven kelby, he ill ship all over the world and the guy is an absolute JOY to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back