iPod Classic case with large headphone out cutout?
Jan 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

KraftD1

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a case for a current generation ipod classic that can actually fit the 1/8" connector of my Earsonics SM3s.  They have a circle of plastic at the 90 degree bend that has forced me to cut out a hole in the softcase of my phone, however the classic came with a hardcase.  So far I've yoked out the cutout on the hardcase and can make it fit, but wanted a case that just worked without modification and was thinner if possible.  The current case is unlabeled but looks like a Griffin iClear.  The Vajacase one might work but is soft and I don't really want to spend $75 on a case.

If anyone is using a setup like that or knows of a case with a good sized headphone out cutout I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: This is what I'm talking about, picture of SM3 1/8" plug: http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae127/mbc0528/DSC04641.jpg

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 3
I know you said you don't want to modify, but why not just drill the opening larger?  I've done this to fit switchcraft 1/8" plugs before.

I'd also assume that most any case you buy is going to have a tiny opening, they probably just assume that you're always just going to use the included buds.

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #3 of 3
I took a round knife sharpener and a file to it and made it fit.  Still interested in a thinner hardcase that wouldn't need modding, but this will work for the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back