iPod classic and ?IEM
Oct 17, 2007 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kamenal

Head-Fier
I've just got an iPod Classic. It sounds good with my HD600+Hornet and my PortaPros. However, when I tried my UE Studio 3.0 the sound was terrible, tinny and flat.
Any recommendations on a IEM for the iPod Classic to obtain a fullbodied sound? I listen to classical music mostly.
Thank you for your thoughts.

Oct 17, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 10
The Triple.fi 10 Pro is a good choice IMO, or maybe you can wait for the Westone3.

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #6 of 10
You won't be able to get the same quality that you got with the external amp straight from the headphone output jack. The Hornet improves the sound a LOT. I also have a Hornet and i can tell you that.
Either find a way to use the Hornet on the go or get used to the crappy sound of the internal Ipod amp and headphone jack ...

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 10
To my ears my old 4G iPod sounded much better with the UE Studio 3.0 without an amp. I was thinking of returning my new iPod Classic untill I've heard it with the Senns+Hornet and also unamped PortaPros. The UE was a different story, just a bad SQ. The question remains - which IEM gives a lush, fuller sound with classical music (reminiscent of my HD600), than UE Studio 3.0 unamped?

Oct 17, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #8 of 10
I have heard the ipod classic with the super.fi pro and they sound really good. Great clarity with exactly the right amount of bass.

If you are on a budget then I think you can't go wrong with the super.fi 5 pros. Generally ipod's are known to not produce the lower end very well. I think sf5pro will complement the ipod perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back