Ipod classic: 80gb or 160gb?
Dec 23, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #16 of 37
Don't do anything! Wait till the 320gb Ipod Blaster comes out in January! Only kidding
smily_headphones1.gif
Get the 160!

Dec 24, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is a really good point. I have also thought about the amount of time i spend trying to find goood deals, and im not sure it is worth the money i save... but it feels goood to spend less on gear
biggrin.gif

Huh? Spending less *hyperventilates* money is good? What on earth are YOU doing HERE? RUN!
tongue.gif

Dec 24, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #21 of 37
In response the the 160's battery life, I drive for fedex, and usually run a 10 hour day. From the morning commute (30 minutes) to running my route all day and pausing in between every stop (about 160/day as last week was the christmas peak) and the commute home (30 minutes) I was able to catch up on about 3 months worth of video podcasts in the past week (mounted the ipod to the dash behind the steering wheel, tee hee), and still have enough battery play brain challenge on the crapper when i got home for about 20 minute. This left me with on last little sliver of battery when i clipped it back onto the computer to charge and resync. In other words, the battery lasts long enough to warrant godly praise, as my gigabeat s would make it through the movie 300 and maybe 30 minutes of music before it told me to *&%$ off, and turned off.

Short version: Battery lasts at least 11 hours for video, and playing a game for 20 minutes!

Dec 25, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #23 of 37
They speak the truth. I have the 80gb classic. The only reason i got the 80 over the 160 is i knew 80gb would hold me over for at least long enough until i decided to replace it. (i had a 3rd gen 15gb since the day they came out until the day they released the classics). In the time it will take me to fill 80gb of music i will most likey want to replace my ipod so i went with the cheaper/thinner option, but if you have the money deffinetly go with the 160.

Dec 25, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #24 of 37
I finally splashed on the 160G iPod. I've owned a few DAPs but have so far refrained from using iTunes. But with shrinking choice with regards to large capacity players, and an very busy new job, I decided to get a DAP large enough so that I don't have to delete stuff to load new music.

So far the big frustration has been getting the album art to display - I am currently manually adding back to artwork to the albums.

Dec 25, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #25 of 37
on the issue of getting album art to display, try the music brainz picard tagger, i used this over the weekend to fix what itunes screwed up in managing my music. It takes a finger print of each file and and gives you the full and correct tag info with album covers for most. I have over 15000 songs, and it took me a day and a half to finish, as i wanted to make sure each file was labeled correctly to the best of my ablilty, but it was worth it, and now 95% of my music has album art.

Dec 26, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #26 of 37
F+++

How many hours is 160G (listening to 320k mp3`s)????

Dec 28, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #28 of 37
I have the feeling that most of the people cant use so much space efectively.. So what is it for?

Dec 28, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by janruzinsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the feeling that most of the people cant use so much space efectively.. So what is it for?

Don't be so sure.

Two words come to mind: Lossless and movies.

Never mind that you can also format the rest for data storage/backup. It's a mini-portable hard drive too.

Dec 28, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Will2007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't be so sure.

Two words come to mind: Lossless and movies.

Never mind that you can also format the rest for data storage/backup. It's a mini-portable hard drive too.

x2. When I am on the road, the iPod is my backup device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back