Ipod classic (80 gb version) vs Iphone vs other options (sound quality)
Feb 6, 2010 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bovice

Head-Fier
So after playing around w/ my Audio Techinia m50s, it seems to me that the true problem was not my headphones themselves, but my sources for why my audio quality wasn't as good as I had expected.

I was using a lower model sony walkman and laptop for sources and wasn't impressed with the sound, but after plugging in to my friend's Iphone, I was pretty much blown away.

Now, I have a phone, so no need to buy an Iphone, but I was wondering how the quality of the Ipod classic series stacks up vs Iphone. If it sounds even close to as good, I'd be interested in picking up the 80gb model of Ipod classic.

Also, are there any other mp3 players out there that will play as a good source when stacked up against the Ipod line? (though from what I've seen, I can get a used good condition Ipod classic 80 gb for about 100 bucks and I've seen higher model sony walkmans 32 gigs for 200+ >.>)

Feb 6, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Can't really help you with your last question, but I'm definitely surprised by your dislike of sony. Which walkman did you try out? (the X is their best mp3 player out, atm anyway).

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #4 of 4
Yea the new 7G iPod's SQ is on par with the iPhone 3G sound quality. Get a LoD for that and you'll be set
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back