Ipod Classic 6th Gen worth restoring?
Aug 3, 2020 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cmrheadphones

Head-Fier
I bought a Ipod Classic 6th Gen back in 2013 with my first pay packet.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002MRRROQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tried as I might I could never get on with Itunes and so it never got the use it should have.

Last year I rocked boxed it but the battery is ropey. I have poor fine motor skills so sorting it myself would be difficult.

I have found a place on the web with a good reputation that will fit a larger battery and also do an SSD upgrade.

Is it worth doing or are there better modern DAP's?

Cheers.

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 3
IMO, it might be fun as a project...but yeah, modern DAPs (to me) are so much better, albeit at sometimes at eye-watering prices.

FWIW, I have a 80GB (7th Gen?) iPod Classic likewise with a dodgy battery (per the status bar indicator, it just won't fully charge no matter how long it's plugged in). I figure maybe this winter maybe I'll get bored and try to take it apart, even though I'm one of the least handy guys I know, LOL.

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #3 of 3
IMO, it might be fun as a project...but yeah, modern DAPs (to me) are so much better, albeit at sometimes at eye-watering prices.

FWIW, I have a 80GB (7th Gen?) iPod Classic likewise with a dodgy battery (per the status bar indicator, it just won't fully charge no matter how long it's plugged in). I figure maybe this winter maybe I'll get bored and try to take it apart, even though I'm one of the least handy guys I know, LOL.
Thanks for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back