iPod CF adapter?
Aug 7, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by funch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the one that I've seen the most info on, and it looks very nice.

Just dunno if I'm ready to drop 3 bills on a CF card.

If you don't want to spend $300 on a 64gb CF, why not spend $70 on a 32gb CF?

Aug 8, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by funch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The price I found for a 32gb was around $300. Guess I'll have to
check again. Thanks for the info.

Check newegg.com. They've got one for $74 shipped.

Aug 8, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #8 of 14
With the Sandisk, you're most likely paying for a faster write speed (I'm assuming, based on the price, that it's in their high speed line). Such fast speed essential to some professional photographers, but 3.0 MB/sec. is good enough (though rather slow) for an old iPod. Unless you're impatient and/or have to have the best, a Kingston 133x card should work fine, and it would be silly to pay $300 for a card that's somewhat faster and has the same storage space. Could you give a link so I could confirm my suspicion?

If you get a real cheap one from Hong Kong or somewhere else where counterfeitting is common, it's much worse for your money. Some of them work fine, but some break easily and can damage your equipment. They might be worth a shot for $30, but certainly not $70 or more.

Aug 8, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 14
Will this help?
32GB SanDisk Extreme III Compact Flash Card - SDCFX3-032G-A31 - Flash Memory Store

Looks like it's on sale cheap.
wink.gif

If the slower speed will work, all the better.

Aug 8, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #10 of 14
Aug 9, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #11 of 14
Thanks for the link, funch. It says it's 30 MB/second, which is much faster than the ones that are less than half the price. I'm assuming that 30MB/sec. is the best case scenario, and that it most likely is slower than that (by a slight margin) during most operations. So, yes, you're certainly paying for faster read/write speed with that card. The slower cards should work fine, but slower, obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back