Ipod Cases, gotta be something good
Dec 28, 2003 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

EyEPoD

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for good protection and the ability to use the 3g ipod while in the case w/o using the remote (i.e. no ipod armor). I have the imp so i dont need to be able to use the dock w/ the case on. (just need access to the port at the bottom of the ipod)

Ive done a few searches and couldnt find anything I really liked.

I would love to see some pictures or links of/to the cases everyone uses.

Dec 28, 2003 at 3:04 AM Post #2 of 17
How about a custom Vaja i-Vod3G, you can get them in loads of colour combinations, they're made of real leather and they look damn nice!

Here are some pic's of my two favourite colour combinations, I'm also buying a new iPod case but I need to decide on which colour i-Vod to get
tongue.gif

cred_moro.jpg

cmandarin_bleu.jpg

Here is their site: www.vajacases.com

Dec 28, 2003 at 4:03 AM Post #4 of 17
I got my brother-in-law an iPod for Xmas, along with the XtremeMac case for 3G iPods and I was very impressed with the design and looks of the case. Fits in very securely. Access to controls is excellent. And the top flap is very padded for excellent protection.

You can take a look here .

Dec 28, 2003 at 4:46 AM Post #5 of 17
I'll second the Vaja case. I've been using an all black one on my 3g model now for a few months and it's holding up great.

Dec 28, 2003 at 5:02 AM Post #6 of 17
All the listed cases look very interesting. What about the other vaja case (classic) listed on their website? I like how it can cover the screen when not in use but can flip around for quick access. It doesnt appear to have as much protection as the multicolor ones though

Dec 28, 2003 at 10:46 AM Post #7 of 17
I use iskins on my iPod and I love them...if you decide to order them...get 'em from www.lajo.biz ...much faster shipping then you'll get from iskin.com...

edit: there are a bunch of pics of iskins available at www.iskinworld.com ... failing that I could take a few shots of my pod in the skins

Dec 28, 2003 at 11:31 PM Post #10 of 17
Is there any kind of protection for the front of the ipod on the vaja case? I cant see anything in the picture (clear?) but the website states "Screen protector"... and it points to the face of the ipod.

(edit: Nevermid, i can see it in the high res photos, this is definately the case for me... thanks guys, now i just gotta sell my xtra ipod... )

Dec 29, 2003 at 4:21 AM Post #12 of 17
vaja's having a sale. usually $66 plus $18 for shipping. now $49 plus $18. i'm still short $67. anyone wanna help me out?
smily_headphones1.gif

i decided to order a jack spade messenger bag for $80 so that i can carry all my crap. and it even has a headphone cutout. check it out here

Dec 30, 2003 at 6:40 PM Post #14 of 17
I use the Contour Showcase. Its nice, protects the iPod against basically anything, while keeping the buttons all accessible. With this, you can just toss the iPod in your bag and go. Also, it opens up much easier, allowing you to pet and admire your iPod
tongue.gif
With this case, I see my iPod without the case more often than I do with the case, unlike the silicone covers, which not only take away from iPod's appearance but are also difficult to get on and off the iPod.
http://thinkdifferentstore.com/produ...roducts_id=318

Jan 1, 2004 at 2:13 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by feverish
I use the Contour Showcase. Its nice, protects the iPod against basically anything, while keeping the buttons all accessible. With this, you can just toss the iPod in your bag and go. Also, it opens up much easier, allowing you to pet and admire your iPod
tongue.gif
With this case, I see my iPod without the case more often than I do with the case, unlike the silicone covers, which not only take away from iPod's appearance but are also difficult to get on and off the iPod.
http://thinkdifferentstore.com/produ...roducts_id=318

Doesn't the inside of the case scratch the iPod? It doesn't look very soft
confused.gif

Also, how is the fit with a 10/20GB 3G?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back