Ipod broke down help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 23, 2007 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Noya

New Head-Fier
I pluged my ipod into ephpod trying to back up my ipod.....
the program recognized my ipod and than I didn't know what to do so ejected the ipod....now the apple sign keeps coming on and off and when I plug it back to the computer it doesn't even recognize it as a hardrive!
tried restarting it...nothing helps....crazy noises and apple sign turning on and off!
HELP!!!!!

Jan 23, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I pluged my ipod into ephpod trying to back up my ipod.....
the program recognized my ipod and than I didn't know what to do so ejected the ipod....now the apple sign keeps coming on and off and when I plug it back to the computer it doesn't even recognize it as a hardrive!
tried restarting it...nothing helps....crazy noises and apple sign turning on and off!
HELP!!!!!

If you bought it less than a year ago, buy an Applecare plan for $59, wait until it "kicks in", and take the thing to an Apple store. One of their "geniuses" will swap it out for a new (or like new) one. Done.

Jan 24, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 10
Oh no I've had thiis happen did you drop it? If you reset it is there a click-click-click sound? You may have to listen closely. that sound is called the "Death Click" it means it's dead (obviuously) and is inrepairable. That happens to all hard drives if they are damaged.

best of luck to you,

Joey Bravo

Jan 24, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by macabrae_j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh no I've had thiis happen did you drop it? If you reset it is there a click-click-click sound? You may have to listen closely. that sound is called the "Death Click" it means it's dead (obviuously) and is inrepairable. That happens to all hard drives if they are damaged.

best of luck to you,

Joey Bravo

Haha, quite true to your screen name, eh? Well, OP, I had this happen to me before, too. Heck, it's happening right now, too, but it's still working. What I did was, provided that your warranty is out, or already voided, take a screw driver and then pry open the thing. Then disconnect the hard drive and smash it on the edge. Do it with enough force to make a bright clanging sound. Then reconnect and try it again. It might take a few tries to get it to work again, so don't close up the iPod, yet. Best of luck to you, and do tell us how it goes.

Jan 24, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
will they not change it if I don't have applecare???

Not unless it's still within the one-year warranty. Some "geniuses" will inspect carefully for signs of droppage trauma, others will just slide you a new one across the glass. Visit an Apple store and come clean.

Jan 25, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #8 of 10
HAHA. Well my screen name comes from my interest in movie special effects and creations.

http://www.theeffectslab.com/forums/...pic.php?t=2678

but back on topic, I've washed my Ipod after new years so I let the condensation evaperate, and showed it to the Apple Store guy, and all he said was..."oh, your LCD screen went out. Odd.." So I got a new one. Careful with the screwdriver, people have gotten burned by hitting the battery with one. Best of luck to you in this, but just in case you don't know, the new Ipod is coming out this year.

Here's a link. I have the patents at home and It's pretty accurate to this.

video_ipod_fake_300.gif

That's a fake image of course but the whole things a touch screen according to the papers Apple filed. Just google "True Video Ipod"

Again best of luck

Jan 26, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #9 of 10
I would go to the Apple forums to find out what may have caused the problem - how could just ejecting the iPod cause it to fail in this way? Or contact Apple support, or a local Apple store.... Or go to ephpod, http://www.ephpod.com/ , to see if this is a known problem with a known fix. There has to be a viable solution other than the trash can or scamming an Apple store!

(I am no expert, but I am hoping that Schalldämpfer is joking with his recommendation to try smashing the hard drive down on its edge to fix things - I can't imagine that treating a hard drive that way would be a good idea!
blink.gif
)

Good Luck, Noya.

Holly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back