Ipod Battery life getting shorter after firmware upgrade
Mar 22, 2006 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NEO

500+ Head-Fier
I had recently upgraded my 3G Ipod firmware from version 2.2 to 2.3 and to my surprise the battery seems to have shorter life span. It has already degraded and lasted for about 2-3 hrs before I upgraded the firmware but now it seems even worse.

Does anyone have the same problem and what should I do? I don't think I can downgrade my firmware to the older version anyway.

Mar 22, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 3
Well if you're absolutely sure that your batter life is degrading because of the firmware update (such as no external influences, like you keeping the backlight on all the time... etc.), then you might want to contact Apple and see what they can do. Seems like the new firmware could be causing more hard disk access than the previous one.

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 3
You can use iPodWizard to downgrade your firmware (you will need the old firmware files). If that restores your battery life, then I guess you have a legitimate concern, but the downgrade "fixed" the problem, just don't upgrade it again. If your battery life remains diminished, then the problem lies with your iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back