iPod artist order
Aug 19, 2009 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

moriez

Headphoneus Supremus
Artist names that start with ''A'' or ''The'' do not appear alphabetically.

Example 1: A Setting Sun appears under the letter S, not A as it should
Example 2: The Detroit Escalator Company appears under the letter D, not T as it should

How can I get this right? I use EphPod but wouldnt mind installing iTunes if thats necessary.

Aug 19, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by moriez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Artist names that start with ''A'' or ''The'' do not appear alphabetically.

Example 1: A Setting Sun appears under the letter S, not A as it should
Example 2: The Detroit Escalator Company appears under the letter D, not T as it should

How can I get this right? I use EphPod but wouldnt mind installing iTunes if thats necessary.

this is very simple to fix......I know how to do it in iTunes.....

You go to the info/properties of the artist or album and click on "Sorting" and then you can type it out as you would like the iPod to sort it.

In my case I have the artist as Bob Dylan, but it's listed under D because I sort it as Dylan, Bob

in your case you would just type in the Sort section The Detroit Escalator and it will get rid of the default which is to eliminate "the"

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 5
Wow, I would be really annoyed if my ipod alphabetized The Decemberists under T instead of D as is the proper way to do it... A and The are articles that should be ignored when alphabetizing.

Aug 19, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I would be really annoyed if my ipod alphabetized The Decemberists under T instead of D as is the proper way to do it... A and The are articles that should be ignored when alphabetizing.

I agree, but a good software should be always able to sort things how the user wants. So if it can be changed, excellent.

Aug 19, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks David. Will try this asap. Like your signature btw
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back