iPod amping through the headphone jack vs. the line-out
Mar 26, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
It's a colloquial English phrase, where the word 'arse' has many uses. For example, "He's a pompous arse" would mean "He's a little fond of himself". "I can't be arsed" means "I can't be bothered". . . .

Who'd have thought such a dry-witted and perceptive fellow would prove impervious to levity of late? Perhaps you really are feeling overextended; one doesn't have to be from London (though my father and grandfather were) to be familiar with your term.

Gone are the days, apparently, when you and I used to joke expansively. Fine, then, old friend; I'll trade banter with the festive left buttock right of the rump-fed puttock.

Mar 26, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #32 of 32
scrypt, if anything I am irony personified. It is however difficult, especially when dealing with your countrymen to infer a level of Britishness. Another way to put this is perhaps that while I appreciate your unique style of prose on the member's forums, perhaps I find it jarring at times when it features in the 'equipment' forums. Excuse me if I seemed like an ornery arse (how's that for an American-British juxtaposition) with that last post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back