iPod Amp
Feb 2, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 7
Do a search, There is lots a postive and negitive comment about it. I'd guess that the lack of a volume control and line out support turns a lot of people off. There were two ways to go with this amp, and simpl choose the simplest interface. But if I'd built (,marketed and sold) an ipod only amp, I'd have attached it to the ipod via the Dock connector, and given it a volume control. And a gain switch, Bass Boost switch and a cross feed switch.

Feb 2, 2005 at 7:01 PM Post #4 of 7
Redrum, I think I would buy that, but most people would be annoyed with all the knobs. Persoannly I love knobs, nothing says hi-fi like mahogany and knobs.
orphsmile.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by rt297
Wow. This iPod amp looks pretty cool. Has there been any feedback on the SQ, or has it been reviewed anywhere? I like my Supermicro, but would get this one instead if it is at least as good.
http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/...email,MWB03204

Read HERE
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 11:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks for all the input. It looks like a very nice amp, but the lack of volume control means it can't be used with the iPod line out unless you use an inline volume control, so I guess I'll stick with my Supermicro.
Thanks guys.

Feb 3, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #7 of 7
I wonder if I could buy one of these babies that are broken to put a cMoy or MINT in. I could add a volume control, get better quality, and be ablet o utiize the 10 hour battery and nice iPod attachment device(grip thing). Looks like an idea to me. Now, if only I could find one. I also wonder if it fits a cMoy or MINT. Time to do some research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back