iPod 5th gen vs Zune HD audio questions
Aug 23, 2011 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Clean

New Head-Fier
Hi, I tried to search, but I could not find the answer to my question, so I am going to give it a shot. 
I have a zune HD 16gb and I love its sound quality. Problem is, I do not have enough room to hold my songs, so I am thinking about upgrading. I have heard alot about the 5th gen iPod having not bad sound quality, and I can pick it up pretty cheap. I have also heard things about the iPod classic. So,

Would an iPod 5th gen with a high quality LOD, and an amp sound as good as a zune HD amped?

I would be using ATH M50s and DT 770s.

My amp would be cMoybb.

Any help would be great, if you can recommend a better iPod that would also be great.

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 6
I know when Zune came out, CNET did a comparison of the two by playing the same song to people on the street with the mp3's. More said Zune was better. But it was people on the street and the mp3s weren't amped or anything. I forget the headphones they used but they were good ones.

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 6
I purchased a Zune 3 months ago - sold it and got a 5.5 Gen iPod Classic - IMO a refurbished 5th Gen Ipod Classic RockBoxed with quality LOD and good amp beats the **** out of a Zune - Zunes are dead anyways although I did like the build quality. I tested it with Monster Pro Coppers.

When I say Quality LOD you don't have to spend big dollars either - I got the iBasso LOD and it's fine.

Aug 25, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #6 of 6
never tried a zuneHD, but I prefer my Zune120 over my Ipod classic anyday.

the weak point of the zune is the lack of (non powered) LOD, that could make the whole difference, sadly, because it is a great player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back