iPod 5G vs. iPod Tough 1G
Apr 3, 2009 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ExplosiveDuck

Head-Fier
Are these two iPods going to deliver the same sound if I use the same cable out of both?

The issue is lossless music taking up tons of space and my iPod Touch = 16GB, vs. 60GB on the 5G.

Thanks!

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 8
The thing with Ipod touch is that if you are always going to use it in a wi-fi area, there are applications where you can stream your whole itune library from your home computer(as long as it's on), now I haven't tried that with huge lossless files. But 256kbps mp3s streams just fine, but I guess that doesn't answer your question. Personally I can't tell the difference once I get above about 192kbps(VBR)

Apr 3, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #4 of 8
Yeah - I figured there would be an application like that to stream things, but the bitrate on lossless is around 1000 kbps, which is only really about 125KB per second data stream. It -should- be able to stream fine over Wi-Fi.

Does anyone know of a good application that'll stream like this?

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #6 of 8
By cable I mean a line-out cable to plug into my amp.

Which means I have an amp and yes, they'll both be amp'd by a Starving Student Mini Millett.

Should have the same sound?

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i doubt you would tell the difference. even between companies, the difference is quite small -- mostly affected by placebo. but the sound should be as close as placebo will allow.

I agree. Very close in sound. The LOD for 5G will work for 1G touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back