Ipod 5g LOD + Amp or Fuze HP out + Amp?
Feb 1, 2009 at 8:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Zerius

Head-Fier
both players will be playing flac, ipod will be rockboxed with a LOD and the fuze directly from HP out to amp, the fiio e5, which will have better sq? and what would you recommend?

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #3 of 11
In that case, how much better?
Would it be worth it to get a used ipod instead of a new fuze?
i would get more storage for the same price but it's also larger and heavier.
How would you compare an Imod to a rockboxed?
Night and day or just slightly better?

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #4 of 11
iMod is better than rockboxed.
Hm... in terms of HP LOD from ipod instead of Fuze.... I'm not sure. Since you are amping the headphone out it won't be THAT much better but it will be better.

I amp my LOD from a 1G Touch/4G Nano and it sounds way better, but for the Fuze I don't know.

Feb 2, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In that case, how much better?
Would it be worth it to get a used ipod instead of a new fuze?
i would get more storage for the same price but it's also larger and heavier.
How would you compare an Imod to a rockboxed?
Night and day or just slightly better?

substantially better with blackgate caps and with a higher end larger capped dock like a VCAP dock or similar it becomes closer to night and day

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #7 of 11
No... ^^

I love the Fuze/Clip SQ out of the headphone out. How much capacity do you need/want?

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #8 of 11
I'm currently using a cheap 3.5 mini-mini to my FiiO E3 out of the Fuze and can tell that I'm not close to hitting full potential... Plus, there are people out there who have worked up functional Fuze LOD's.

Feb 2, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No... ^^

I love the Fuze/Clip SQ out of the headphone out. How much capacity do you need/want?

I had a clip, i liked it but i need faster scrolling if i have more music, so far i have less than 20 gigs of flac so fuze will do well for me. but there's always the ipod factor for the 30gb 5g.

one things i do like about the fuze is sansa warranty as well as the size (compact)

Feb 2, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #10 of 11
go fuze with an 8gb microsd card for like 14 bucks. $100 total, sweet sound and nice and small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back