Ipod 5 gen, Zune or Zen Vision M
Apr 2, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #16 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by srozzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
another question - does the newest firmware update rid of the slow menu transitions on the zune?

The fps of the transition is still low and has yet to be fixed, but it seems to have become a little more smoother after the update. I think it's mainly due to the efficiency in processor usage. You won't really notice it unless you look at it closely, though.

Apr 2, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #17 of 38
^^ I don't know man...maybe I'm slow but the Zune transitions are quite fast. Even in 1.1, it was plenty fast. (I know from experience since I used 1.1 for a couple of days before upgrading to 1.2)

Even the album scrolling is too fast when the Zune is at full speed. I had to ask: Are you superhuman that you can see all these or what ?

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #18 of 38
when using a friend's zune, i noticed that it was a little slow going from the artist to song selection etc. another question... has anyone experianced any scratches on the body of the player? not the screem, but the plastic surface?

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #19 of 38
^^ What firmware was the slowness ? Zune 1.3 firmware is fast.

Scratches. What are those ?
My Zune goes in my jeans pockets or my greasy hands all they at work. No scratches.
When I sync it on my PC, its back is always on the desk or over my computer case. No scratches.
All these w/o cover. I even place it inside my backpack w/o any cover or shields surrounded by paper, some ID badges, CD cases, etc. And no scratches.

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #21 of 38
The only thing holding me back from getting a Zune is the need for more than 30 gigs. 60 would be nice, 80 would be the ticket.

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #22 of 38
that is sweet... besides the software, is there anything else to look out for, besides buying an open package at walmart

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3DCadman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing holding me back from getting a Zune is the need for more than 30 gigs. 60 would be nice, 80 would be the ticket.

You can mod an 80GB HDD into the Zune, though it'd cost a good amount of money.

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can mod an 80GB HDD into the Zune, though it'd cost a good amount of money.

I thought I heard rumors of a larger capacity Zune awhile ago. What happened?

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #26 of 38
can you use ipod hard drives in a zune? those are really easy to get

Apr 3, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #28 of 38
i have had all 3, and honestly, it all depends on what you look for. if you want sound quality, the zune blows the zen and 5G out of the water unamped. the sound was clear and the screen was beautiful. i ended up selling it to a forum member as it is not the right machine for me. after 2 days, i noticed how bulky it was and convenience is an important factor for me.

the zen was the middle of the pack player here.. good SQ, good screen, and just as big sizewise. the interface could be better and the build just wasn't as "tight" as the ipod or zune. i ended up with the 5G ipod for the following reasons:

1) smallest sizewise
2) sound quality is ok, but with amp, very good
3) i purchased one with a replacement plan from best buy so i'll upgrade to the new ipod when it comes out later this yr =)
4) with mediamonkey sync, i no longer have to use itunes (which i hated since the 2G ipods)

Apr 3, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ekinwang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3) i purchased one with a replacement plan from best buy so i'll upgrade to the new ipod when it comes out later this yr =)

Lol, are you gunna accidentally 'drop' it?
tongue.gif
Well, wait for them to get rid of all there stock of ipods(can take a month or two) before you try this; otherwise they may just replace it with the same model.

Your dirty
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #30 of 38
i have not heard a creative zen, but i compared two friends' 5th gen ipod and zunes and the zune sounds much better. the ipod does have a line out though. but as you can tell by my sig, i picked the zune and with the latest firmware i have no complaints (fixed slow transitions and skipping).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back