iPod 5.5 - Classic or Video?
Aug 24, 2015 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dh0licious

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy one of these infamous version "5.5" (late 2006 update) models.

However i'm confused as to whether I need to be looking for an iPod Classic 5.5 or iPod Video 5.5?

Thanks!

Aug 24, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 4
  Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy one of these infamous version "5.5" (late 2006 update) models.

However i'm confused as to whether I need to be looking for an iPod Classic 5.5 or iPod Video 5.5?

Thanks!

They are both one and the same.

The "5.5" generation is not an official designation but simply a slang name given to it to help differentiate between the two somewhat different types of 5th generation iPod's as they are the same family line but did have some minor differences. 5.5 gens got better battery life, brighter screens, a music search function.

Sep 19, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 4
I have a mint 30 GB gen 5.5 in a case.  Hardly ever used.  I lost it and then found it.  I had the original packaging but through out the box out.  I have a mint cord and apple buds too.  Color white.  Battery is very good.  Color white.  I have a generation 7 160 GB too in black also mint with all the original packaging.  Also barely used-only on a few airplane trips. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back