IPOD 3RD GENERATION URGENT HELP
Nov 21, 2004 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ferrari993000

New Head-Fier
hey,

My 3rd gereration 20gb ipod has been acting strange lately. I cant turn it on or download song. The screen keeps flashing the apple logo and i cant do anything about it. I tried plugging it into my computer but nothing happens, it tried reseting it (hold play/pause and menu) but that didn't work. If i put my ear to the back i could hear the hard drive spinning for about 10 seconds then it goes off, then starts all over again. HELP...WHAT DO I DO. anyone have any experience with this.

Nov 22, 2004 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 3
if you bought it from best buy, trade it for a new one.

same goes for other non-apple store purchases.

if you did what i did and got it from the apple store (actually my wife did) then you'll have to do this-

goto the apple website and thru customer service start a ticket for repair.

they'll send you a box. put the ipod in there and ship it back to them (on their dime!)

they'll look it over and in a week or two you'll get your old fixed ipod back, or a refurbished "new" one. sorry, you're stuck with the same model you sent out.

hope you downloaded all your tunes on your computer because they'll be wiped when the ipod comes back.

good luck!

Nov 22, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrari993000
hey,

My 3rd gereration 20gb ipod has been acting strange lately. I cant turn it on or download song. The screen keeps flashing the apple logo and i cant do anything about it. I tried plugging it into my computer but nothing happens, it tried reseting it (hold play/pause and menu) but that didn't work. If i put my ear to the back i could hear the hard drive spinning for about 10 seconds then it goes off, then starts all over again. HELP...WHAT DO I DO. anyone have any experience with this.

Check this page:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705

Also you can try to run the battery down completely by leaving it on - it did help me once.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back