iPhone with Fiio e6 need help
Aug 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AudioGuy1126

New Head-Fier
Hi I have a question about the Fiio E6 amp.
I want to use it with my iphone 5, what cables do I need for best performance?.

I have another question will I gain a lot more in sound quality if I use the Fiio E6 with my iphone 5?, the headphones that I am using with the amp are the Sony MDR V6.

Thanks bye :) :)

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm not sure the E06 will adds much to the iPhone 5, but it will increase volume and colour the sound (according to taste with the three EQ settings). I'm not sure that there is a 'line out' cable to be had for the 5 (one that uses the lightening connector to the FiiO); the cable that comes with the FiiO will work fine...I used the E06 with a Shuffle whilst out on the bike, and found it was useful for giving a bit more oomph (the FiiO died after about a year)...so I just use a 5s and I don't think it needs the FiiO...For the cost, I'd say get one and see what you think!

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 5
Yep. No line out for the iPhone 5 unless you buy an expensive lightning adapter. And double amping via plugging into the headphone jack is not the greatest idea.

I'd save up for a DAP :)

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the reply :).

Will I gain more in sound quality if I use a 8 pin to 30 pin iphone adapter then use a 30 pin to 3.5mm audio cable, then plug the 3.5mm audio cable in the Fiio E6, or should I just use the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable that comes with the Fiio E6.

Which is more better?.

:) :)

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #5 of 5
The best sound comes from bypassing the headphone jack, which has a headphone amp in it, so you that you get line output.

You'll need a lightning adapter for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back