iPhone/Touch 2.0 is amazing!
Jul 10, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 31
I've screwed around with a complete iPhone 3G this afternoon.

I had to get it ready for Display purpose at the retail store I work for. The iPhone 3G is pretty nice, but software 2.0 didn't seem all that different to me. Let alone the ne apps and possibilities.

I played with the app store and everything, and they are very nice indeed.

Couldn't test MobileMe though, I had to get back to work......
frown.gif

Rgds

Jul 10, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 31
The REmote Function is the wheel of
mp3 playback! well...

Its so good I am installing a wifi/computer in my Bar this Week!

its just like having itunes in ur pocket, finally i dont have to play dj and hide behind in the dj booth on fridays nomore..

"oh you want to hear what song honey?"

"if i can get you that song rite now on the PA without getting up what would you do?"

ok maybe not.....

this is a badass feature though! esp for a business...

Jul 10, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #7 of 31
So I guess it was meant for me....... ??

Well, as I already mentioned, I played with it at work while I was getting it ready for the demo stand in the Store.

Unfortunately I wasn't aloud to take pics or shoot a video from it since it was no July 11th. Apple even made my boss wet his pants.........
(with their security issues and restrictions etc.)

I know when you open the damn thing and turn it on you get the dial screen. If you type a number there appears a arrow with a cross in it in the upper right hand corner and functions as a backspace button. Further, when there are no numbers there appears a message with something like ''emergencies only'' or something like that and it fades over in different languages on and on.

There also appears some funny ''info'' button in the lower right of the screen which displays IMEI number.

When you press cancel, it take you to the ''please conect to itunes'' screen.

When you do, iTunes tells you to activate and you have to fill in your name, adress, email, phone number and it automatically detects the serial number of the iPhone. Then you can activate, and it'll ask you of you'd like to get mobilme or not or try it for 60 days. After that you get at the familiar itunes iphone tab.

Now, when the iPhone is released, check this and you'll see I really played with the iPhone 3G. I haven't activated my own iPhone 1.0 since I got it already activated and hacked to work in my country.

........ other than that, you'd just have to take my word on it
wink.gif

Rgds

Jul 11, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #14 of 31
The iPhone 3G is sold out in Germany I think. No shop has one in stock. I guess I had to wait. Hm. Ok, the iPhone 2G is great, too. Yesterday I´ve downloaded the 2.0 and it works great. The remote is the best app at the moment I think, great toy
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back