IPhone to Mojo
Nov 1, 2017 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

styks

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys just a quickie.
I'm going nuts trying to find a better cable from my iPhone SE to Mojo.
I have that lump of a camera adapter short usb A to usb micro B and it works just fine. I'm fed up with that lump and having to use 2 leads but do you think I can find just one simple lead to do the same job, no!
I've tried a short adapter lightening to micro usb just to tidy it up a bit, still 3 connections though and it didn't work anyway, even though the guy said it would.
One I found that was listed on eBay for DAC use, great, lightning to micro usb, perfect, I thought I'll import it to England from USA if i have to.
It arrived, plugged it in and sat back to listen, brilliant it was working nice. Then 30 seconds later iPhone informs me this device is not supported, and stops! What the hell !! .... It wouldn't work again until I restarted iPhone, plugged in and started Mojo again, same 30 seconds stops and that notice again.

What have I got to do to get one simple lightning to micro usb lead like that for my iPhone / Mojo that actually works? ...... Or do i have to suffer this damn lump of a camera adapter and additional usb lead ?

Please help guys, anything available, preferably from here in the UK but I'll import from bleedin outer Mongolia if I have to!

Not such a quickie was it, sorry for the rant! :)

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 5
Your cable is not MFi certified. You need a MFi certified cable (hint. only genuine apple cables are MFi certified).

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #3 of 5
Your cable is not MFi certified. You need a MFi certified cable (hint. only genuine apple cables are MFi certified).

Hi thank you theveterans, I had a feeling someone may say something like that, Apple love their proprietary cables, typical! Do you know if Apple do an MFI single cable, lightening to micro usb ? ... I've not seen one to date.

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #5 of 5
i picked up one of these

been working well for me. although occasionally it does pick up interference from phone signals

Thank you, just what I'm looking for, a tad more expensive than I'd like but maybe.
It has give me an idea though, i might buy another apple camera adapter and strip it down to build my own, it's a thought, cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back